In terms of jury decision making, prejudice can dramatically affect a single person’s life. This assignment will help students understand what implicit biases they have and connect these biases to an influence on the criminal justice system.
Please complete the following:
- Watch this video on implicit bias. (Links to an external site.)
- Watch the film, 12 Angry Men(1957). (Currently you are able to watch “12 Angry Men” streaming on Tubi TV for free with ads or buy it as download on Apple iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Video, Microsoft Store, FandangoNOW, Redbox, AMC on Demand, Google Play Movies, YouTube. It is also possible to rent “12 Angry Men” on Apple iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Video, Microsoft Store, FandangoNOW, Redbox, AMC on Demand, Google Play Movies, YouTube online.)
- As you watch 12 Angry Men(1957), please reflect on the following questions: How do implicit biases affect their decisions? How do implicit biases contribute to larger institutional practices? What can be done to change implicit bias in jurors and with the general population?
- Take the Implicit Association Test for Race (Links to an external site.)
- Answer the following questions:
- What are three examples from the film 12 Angry Men where there was implicit bias behavior in the jurors? Why do you think this was implicit bias? Provide support from the film, textbook, and video for your answer.
- What did the results of the the Implicit Association Test allow you to see about yourself that surprised you? Do you see this bias in your everyday life as well, please provide examples.
- How do you think implicit bias influences jurors decisions based on how many people might perceive people of color in the criminal justice system? Do you think that you would be a biased juror? Why? If so, how can this be fixed?
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality