BUSN623 Week 6 Powerpoint
|This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.
(USA scholarly and relevant APUS resources only). NO PLAGERISED CONTENT!!!
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
Are You Overwhelmed With Writing Assignments?
name assignmets file as” Lastnamefirstinitial-BUSN623-Assignment #.
CO2. Explain how ethical frameworks shape business decisions.
NOTE: In preparing this project, refer to your Week 1 Lesson Readings and Resources on ethical frameworks.
CHOOSE ONE OF THESE COMPANIES/ISSUES: The Links are a factual starting point for your information and further research.
1. Boeing – 737 MAX-8 Jet death crashes.
2. Purdue Pharma – opioid crisis, deceptive marketing.
The following resources will also assist your PowerPoint.
1. Create a 12– 15 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
o Title slide with your name, course, date, school, title of presentation;
o Agenda slide – This lists the key points covered in the PPT;
o Content slides containing bullet points information with illustrations, diagrams, pictures, graphics etc., as appropriate to the slide’s content;
o Speaker’s notes on each slide – either text presented in the Speaker Notes section at the bottom of the slides or Audio through your Voice speaking (or both); (Note: Speaker’s Notes are not duplication of the text on the slides. They are explanatory narrative.)
2. Identify the company you selected;
3. Identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company apparently employed in making its decision. Note — Not “Should have used.” It is not acceptable to say it did not act ethically or did not use a framework. Analyze it. Frameworks include utilitarianism, free market ethics, deontology, virtue ethics , etc., covered in your course readings.
4. Then, identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company should have used when the problem arose, and explain how to apply it for them to have reached a better result than what actually happened. Be clear.
5. Identify and explain measures the company should implement to avoid this type of problem in the future.
6. Within your discussion include whether the company had a code of ethics or policy that seemed to apply to the situation, and if so, what went wrong with that?
7. Explain what business leadership in any company can learn from this situation.
8. Have a conclusion that wraps up the key points.
9. Include a Reference slide with at least seven (7) credible sources listed in APA format. (NOTE: Sources must be cited in slides and speaker’s notes for direct quotes, specific facts and graphics, same as in a paper, per APA format. If you are doing audio speaker notes, you would mention the source in your speaking narrative.) (Reminder; we are using APA 7th Ed. format.)
10. Your PPT should have a professional slide background and graphics on each slide. (See rubric)
11. Submit your presentation in the Assignments section, as a PowerPoint attachment.
12. Please compress your PPT (zip file) if necessary for uploading. There are several sources online to help you with compressing a PowerPoint presentation.
A Guidelines sheet for preparing this PowerPoint is attached to this Assignment.
|Helpful Tips on PPT’s
By going online to Purdue OWL, or Excelsior OWL, it will have writing labs for students. Look up PowerPoint presentations in APA format in the search box. These websites will have helpful tips on best practices. TED talks are also another great source for good information.
Some suggestions about a power point presentation:
Keep text to a minimum (No more than 5 to 7 words per line of text,
6-8 lines/bullets per slide or five text-heavy slides in a row, no more than 30-40 words per slide).
This allows the average reader to take in the text in around 12 seconds and then concentrate their attention back to the speaker.
The bullet points should be headlines, not news articles.
Write in sentence fragments using key words.
Keep font size 24 or bigger.
About every 2 minutes, have a new slide.